1. This week was challenging in that I’ve been struggling with the storyline of my film. I want to add a few shots here and there that would break up this linear storytelling. The shots would just come in on a screen and then disappear and tell more about the reincarnation theme I want to depict.
2. I figured out how the two people meet. The man would be pushing past all these floating everyday items like clocks, chairs, plates as he approaches the girl. He will then happen upon the picture frame and then see the girl.
I also figured out who exactly my composers are. I pitched to the SMPTV grad students and I met Varqa who is an amazing classical composer. The other composer doing the electronic stuff is Chris Edwards. I still need to look for a sound designer.
I did five different color keys for the moment when the world burst into color. I would stick with these for lighting but the setting for some of these scenarios I want to change.
I also re-started animating. It’s a lot of fun!
1. This week I got sick, making production slow. I’ve also been thinking of adding some shots that would make the story clearer, and I’m struggling with how I should direct the viewer of my installation. I need to start hashing out some concept art.
2. I talked to my composer and he is really excited to work on both the electronic and orchestral pieces of my film! I finalized my schedule and hope to be done animating by February so I’ll have time to worry about Clean-Up and Installation and testing the multi-screen set-up, hopefully even garnering some funds to build the screens.
1. The past week I’ve been pushing to make the story stronger, using more powerful images and really figuring out how I would time each scene. I had the hard realization that there needs to be some major changes in the story to convey what I really want to say. It’s been hard trying to find a middle ground between preserving my own voice and making something entertaining and understandable to watch.
2. I’ve pitched my project to several people throughout the week, getting feedback from all of them. So far so good, people like the idea. I am working on a poetic narration with my writer friend Katie Hogan and hopefully coming up with something that would supplement the film. I have composers that I’ve already been sampling and have tightened up my animatic. I’ve also come up for a name for my film. I think I’m going to call it The Seed.